It’s a moment you’ve been waiting for all year: Taking a break from work in order to enjoy one of the many luxury vacation villas for rent you’ve shopped for months-on-end beforehand. You’ve finally gotten to the villa of your choice after browsing through tons of prospective luxury vacation homes, and it’s in an invigorating venue as well. Here, you discover the differences between luxury vacation rentals and the trimmings of your own home; here, you can relax, unwind, forget your daily problems, and break free from the rut of working for a living. On that note, here are the top ten luxury vacation rental tips you can use to ensure your total satisfaction from the first hour of your holiday to the last.
- Vacation Home Shopping: You can use online resources, newspapers, magazines, realtors, and rental agencies to help you find the vacation home of your choice. Furthermore, one of the tried-and-true ways to shop for a rental Dominican republic villa rentals home is through your friends and neighbors. After all, a recommendation from people you trust regarding rental luxury vacation villas or luxury vacation agencies is the most straightforward way for you to get reliable results. Moreover, Nicaragua, Malta, and Cancun are among the most visited venues when it comes to renting villas.
- Rental Agency Shopping: Find a rental agent, homeowner, or concierge that’s worth your time and attention. Research about pros and cons of prospective villas thoroughly via the Internet-after all, we’re already living in the Information or Digital Age, so we might as well take advantage of it-in order to compare amenities or check out which luxury vacation rental is the most luxurious one of them all. Furthermore, get a rental agreement in writing to ensure a quality, legally bound handling of your vacation details.
- Regularly Contact your Concierge: A concierge is basically the person that takes care of the majority of particulars and minutiae of your holiday rental vacation such that the rest of the tips below will just help you double-check certain issues to see if everything is in order. He’s also the one who’ll customize your vacation to your personal preferences, so hire this professional ASAP to avoid any potential logistics nightmares you might have.
- Ask Questions: Don’t assume anything even if you have a concierge handling the details and a homeowner assuring you that all of your concerns have been handled. What’s more, even the greeter that welcomes you to the house is specifically there to assist you with anything you want, so getting your questions answered during or even before the tour is a necessity.
- Ask and Give Away Contact Information: Even if you’re in a vacation, an emergency can happen anywhere, especially when you’re in the middle of a foreign land. As such, ask for contact information from the provider of you villa as well as local emergency numbers for the fire department, police force, and the hospital. Err on the side of caution, if you must.
- House Tours: Every last adult in your party-or every last member if there are no children around-should go with the greeter and have a house tour in order to check if everything is in great working order. Afterwards, discuss as a group the important details of the house in order to ensure that everyone isn’t left in the dark about, say, where the breaker is located or where the nearest grocery store is in the neighborhood.
- Check the Lights: Savvy travelers who desire the most problem-free villa vacations possible will actively check out where the light switches of their chosen house are located. Because building standards will be different in every country you go to, it’s prudent to know where the light switches are in order to avoid groping through the dark whenever you need them. Having emergency matches, candles, flashlights, and rechargeable lights is also a prerequisite before making yourself at home inside your home away from home.
- Inspect the Air-Conditioning: It’s important that you make sure that your air-conditioning is working properly, especially if you’re staying at a tropical country and you’re not used to that kind of climate. Turn each one on for a short while to ensure that they’re functional before reviewing the functions with your greeters. Moreover, get the number of your technician immediately.